- Provide administration and communications support to staff members. Such support will include, but is not limited to: answering and directing telephone calls and monitoring calendar events and email traffic on behalf of senior staff members; drafting, reviewing, scheduling and correcting office meeting announcements and correspondence; drafting, monitoring and routing official correspondence, including communications with high level flag officers/senior executives.
- Assist with the coordination of Flag/SES level meetings, staff meetings, and functional tasks including preparing staff attendees for the conduct of official meetings, gathering and distributing material in support of meetings, and reviewing and editing of meeting materials for correctness and quality.
- Assist staff members with routine administrative support including arranging travel and accommodations for staff members, planning and scheduling local and remote location meetings for staff members.
- Provide general administrative support necessary for the effective and efficient management and operations of the office and its personnel. This includes the implementation of task assignment systems and office calendars (e.g. SharePoint), the storage, documentation, and retrieval of office records, and liaison with IT personnel to correct outages of IT systems among or directly impacting staff members.
- Prepare and provide briefings and reports in support of meetings, and a detailed accounting of actions.
- Prepare and submit meeting minutes in support of all mission supported meetings.
- Prepare travel orders, arrange flights and hotel accommodations using the government Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Maintain local travel requirements/execution summaries as required.
- Process liquidations using Defense Travel System accurately and efficiently.
- Prepare, manage and submit theatre clearance, country clearance, Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS) requests and other documents required to support OCONUS travel requirements.
- US Citizenship
- Secret Level Security Clearance
- Experience or familiarity with working in a HQ and/or Navy office environment.
- Experience in processing Flag-level or equivalent command Navy/Joint Directives & Correspondence. Examples include Naval & business letters, memorandums, awards, legal & investigation documents, instructions & notices
- Experience with all Microsoft Office Applications
- Required: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Preferred: Visio
- Experience with SharePoint portal, including navigation & basic site maintenance (e.g. posting documents, maintaining calendars, etc.)
- Experience with some form of virtual meeting software, such as Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in working with online portals and repositories.
- Ability to telework & participate in virtual meetings as needed.
- Navy Experience at the E6/E7.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Perform other duties within this scope as needed.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org