Chesapeake, VA 23320
Salary: $0.00 /year
The successful candidate will serve as a network/security engineer. Job responsibilities include next generation firewall configuration, firewall design, feature implementation, testing, and documentation of firewall architectures and policies. Configurations will have to be made while being mindful of other technologies within the enterprise. The candidate will analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports, provide resolutions for complex customer issues, and perform complex troubleshooting for multi-layered network issues. The candidate will participate in documenting engineering designs and standard operating procedures for transition to operation. The candidate will need to be able to meet set milestones as well as collaborate with other internal/external groups in determining what policies to implement.
• Establishes Network information requirements using analysis of the Network engineer in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale networking infrastructure.
• Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
• Ensures these Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management solution of the network layers, across the application program interface and the external environment/software application.
• Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant.
· Knowledgeable in configuring routers and switches
• Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
• Provides solutions that incorporate integration of digital encoding formats, line codes, and timing concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
• Influences team members, the customer, and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer’s voice, data, and image communications requirements.
• Prepares complex work prints and schematics to define and illustrate entire network structures and solutions.
• Identifies and recommends new design tools for use in communications projects.
• Evaluates projected corporate network usage and provides and implements media solutions.
• Participates in and influences marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for network-wide projects.
• Identifies product modifications and influences vendors to incorporate these changes into their products.
• Plans, designs, and implements network managements systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of multiple communication networks.
• Identifies, analyzes, and recommends new network administrative systems for entire networks to ensure accurate network inventory and timely implementation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or six (6) years of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility. Experience with enterprise computer/networking experience working in a team environment.
The ideal candidate would have experience with the CANES operating system and specific insight or knowledge of Cisco layer 3 switches. Furthermore, the candidate should have extensive experience in the operation of NAS storage devices along with configuring numerous routers and switches to a network.
Active Secret Clearance Required
Some travel required.
MUST BE US CITIZEN