The Installation Technician is responsible in all phases of Network system installations. Routing, testing, troubleshooting, and terminating copper and fiber network. The Installation Technician interacts directly with other teams and personnel to ensure a successful installation. The Installation Technician assists the Project Manager planning, scheduling, and coordinating activities within installation to ensure the install is accurate and on time based on each project scope
- Reviews project instructions and drawings to ascertain material requirements, cable paths, equipment locations, test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
- Suggesting locations where equipment should be set up and where cables should be routed.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion
- Install copper or Fiber network cables including terminations in building and on Naval Ships and barges.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Performs duties with a high degree of independence
- Traveling to various work location, both local and long-distance travel.
- Installing electrical or networking equipment such as, routers, switches, patch panels, and Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS).
- Troubleshooting problems with existing equipment.
- Testing old and new installation connections.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, information technology or similar.
- Proven work experience as an installation technician.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to crouch, kneel and work in confined areas for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Advanced knowledge of modern electrical equipment.
- Ability to solve problems and repair equipment on site.
- You may be asked to perform other duties, as required.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org