San Diego, CA
MI Technical Solutions is currently looking to fill two vacancies for the Network Engineer position in our San Diego office.
- Work with U. S. Navy personnel to assist in migrating data to temporary networks built by you.
- Support continuity of day-to-day operations while US Navy ships are undergoing extended periods of maintenance and upgrades.
- Communicate with customers and develop timeline of milestones for each project.
- Work with technicians and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to a temporary LAN utilized by the customer.
- While ships are operating on the temporary network, you will act as their point of contact for any network concerns.
- Check in with the customer periodically in order to maintain a high level of communication.
- Perform health checks on the system, ensure proper operation, and verify successful data backups.
- May be asked to perform other duties, as required.
- Five years Network Engineering and/or System Administrator with experience in servers, storage devices, writing and editing configurations of switching and routing equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco products is ideal.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Hold active clearance or eligible for clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, no specific discipline is required.
- Perform other duties within this scope as needed with potential to assist Research and Development (R&D) in their endeavors.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com