Network Security Engineer
San Diego, CA
- Work with U. S. Navy personnel to assist in migrating data to temporary networks built by you.
- Support continuity of day-to-day operations while US Navy ships are undergoing extended periods of maintenance and upgrades.
- Communicate with customers and develop timeline of milestones for each project.
- Work with technicians and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to a temporary LAN utilized by the customer.
- While ships are operating on the temporary network, you will act as their point of contact for any network concerns.
- Check in with the customer periodically in order to maintain a high level of communication.
- Perform health checks on the system, ensure proper operation, and verify successful data backups.
- May be asked to perform other duties, as required.
- Five years Network Engineering and/or System Administrator with experience in servers, storage devices, writing and editing configurations of switching and routing equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco products is ideal.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Secret level security clearance preferred. If not currently holding an active clearance, you must be free from any personal reasons which may inhibit obtaining a clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, no specific discipline is required.
- Additionally, MITS teams are involved in research and development projects to include artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). We primarily support the US military and routinely partner with institutions of higher learning. You may be invited to support these endeavors and bring your talents to strengthen ongoing projects.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com