San Diego, CA
MI Technical Solutions is currently looking to fill two vacancies for the Network Engineer position in our San Diego office.
- Work with U. S. Navy personnel to assist in migrating data to temporary networks built by you.
- Support continuity of day-to-day operations while US Navy ships are undergoing extended periods of maintenance and upgrades.
- Communicate with customers and develop timeline of milestones for each project.
- Work with technicians and stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to a temporary LAN utilized by the customer.
- While ships are operating on the temporary network, you will act as their point of contact for any network concerns.
- Check in with the customer periodically in order to maintain a high level of communication.
- Perform health checks on the system, ensure proper operation, and verify successful data backups.
- May be asked to perform other duties, as required.
- Five years Network Engineering and/or System Administrator with experience in servers, storage devices, writing and editing configurations of switching and routing equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco products is ideal.
- Possess government clearance or have the ability to obtain a clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, however, no specific discipline is required.
- Perform other duties within this scope as needed with potential to assist Research and Development (R&D) in their endeavors.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.