The MITS R&D team creates technology solutions that address public health, safety, and security issues on land and leading-edge technology solutions underwater.
research & development projects
CellGuardians is an Android safe driving app that helps break the habit of distracted driving caused by cellphones. CellGuardians has two options, a full cellphone block and an option to customize.
Avia Vestigo is a home monitoring and emergency notification system that allows individuals to live as safely and independently as possible at home. When there is an emergency, the system notifies the designated caregiver.
MITS-FISH is a new endeavor to take undersea blue technology to the next level with unmanned underwater vehicles.
- Old Dominion University
- University of Harrisonburg
- Virginia Air and Space Grant Consortium
- 757 Accelerate Mentors Program
- Commonwealth Cyber Initiative
- FIRST (For Inspiration & Recognition of Science & Technology)
- Undersea Technology Innovation Consortium
- Open Seas Hub
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- C5 Consortium
Science & Entrepreneurship
- Virginia Information Technology Agency
- Virginia Modeling and Simulation Association
- The Training and Readiness Accelerator
- VMA (Virginia Maritime Association)
- Project Management Institute