The Senior HR Specialist oversees the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, administration and evaluation of the human resources function at MI Technical Solutions, which has over 100 staff in various locations around the US and Japan. The Senior HR Specialist is responsible for developing and ensuring effective implementation of plans, systems, policies and processes for workforce planning, talent management and development, employee engagement, legal compliance and recordkeeping, and employee relations. This position requires a true strategic business partner who is collaborative and capable of building consensus and commitment toward shared outcomes.
- Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate a HR and Talent Management Strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals, and to create value to its stakeholders. Regularly engage in direct communication with leadership on key human resources matters.
- Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession planning.
- Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture that positions MITS as an “employer of choice.”
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching, collaborate effectively when co-managing staff, and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local, state and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee files and records are properly and securely maintained.
- Design and implement a competitive compensation system and benefit package to attract and retain staff. Partner with leadership to develop a Total Rewards/Pay philosophy, regularly review compensation and benefits market data, monitor pay practices and proactively address issue, and manage benefits enrollment process.
- Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g., benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM Certification required or attained within one year of hire.
- A minimum of 7 years of HR generalist experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop, align and implement HR and organizational development strategies
- Experience supervising and developing staff
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management, compensation and benefits, and HR technology
- Strong business acumen and leadership abilities
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues
- Ability to listen and probe to understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue.
- Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive and strategic guidance.
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieved desired organizational outcomes.
- Outstanding judgement, sensitivity and high discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HR system applications.
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to speak clearly in small group settings.
- This position will require sitting for long periods of time, walking, standing, bending, and walking, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger dexterity for typing and using small hand tools.
- This position could be exposed to loud noises, frequent phone conversations, and requires average to above average visual acuity and hearing.
- The majority of this job will be spent indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Must be available to travel to other office locations as needed.
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.