Responsible for providing IT systems analysis in the areas of technical research, design, installation, maintenance, and modification of broad, complex technology systems. Typical responsibilities include: requirements analysis; performing system problem solving; meeting with users to define requirements; documenting system design and configuration; serving as an interface between customer and developer.
Responsibilities for Systems Analyst:
- Monitors, maintains, and upgrades applicable technology systems in assigned area of responsibility, which includes quality assurance, problem solving, identifying solutions, and proposing system modifications.
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow.
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements.
- Produce documentation on system configurations including technical diagrams, system architecture, requirements documents, manuals, user guides, and use cases.
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems.
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process.
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms.
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs.
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance.
Qualifications for Systems Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Experience creating requirements from different sources
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Strong technical writing ability
- Excellent analytical skill
- Experience with DOD and Navy Projects
To be considered for the opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.